Press the POWER Button while holding the volume up and volume down buttons.
Continue holding the volume buttons to open recovery mode.
Keep holding the volume buttons until recovery mode is displayed.
Select “Restore Factory Settings Without Deleting Save Data”, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I reset my Nintendo switch to factory settings?
How to do a full factory reset
- From the Home menu, select System Settings.
- On the left, scroll all the way down to choose System.
- From the System Menu select Formatting Options.
- In the Initialize menu, scroll to the bottom and select Initialize Console.
- On the following screen scroll all the way down and click Next.
Can you factory reset a switch?
There is a hidden maintenance mode in the Nintendo Switch that will allow you to reset the console without deleting any save data, screenshots, or user information. Turn the console off. Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, along with the Power button, to start up the console in Maintenance Mode.
How do I reset my Nintendo switch without losing games?
While your Switch is off, hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Then, press the Power button. Continue to hold down the Volume Up and Down buttons until the recovery menu opens. On the recovery menu, choose “Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data.”
Is there a reset button on a Nintendo switch?
Hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds or more to turn the console off. Then, press the POWER Button again [emphasis added] to turn the console on again.” That last bit is important. You can’t just hold down the button to reset the console, you have to then press the button again to turn it on.
How do you wipe a switch?
Complete These Steps:
- Select System Settings on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to System, and select it.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the menu, and select Formatting Options.
- Select Initialize Console to delete all data in the system memory.
How do you reset a game switch?
Suggested clip 47 seconds
Tutorial: Reset, Restart, and Delete Save Data on Nintendo Switch
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip