Access “Account Settings” in the eshop and select the “deactivate console” option.
Now connect to the internet with the other Switch that you want to designate as the primary console.
Log in and access the eshop.
It will now be the primary console.
How do I remove a primary switch?
Select the Nintendo Account you want to deactivate on the console. Select the picture of your icon in the upper-right corner to access your Account Information. Scroll down to the “Primary Console” status. Select “Deregister” twice to confirm.
How do I know which switch is primary?
You can check which console is the primary by viewing your account details in the eShop. To view this, open the Nintendo eShop on you Switch and select which account you want to view. On the top right of the screen, click on your profile to view your account details.
How do you switch accounts on a switch?
How to add additional Nintendo Accounts to your Switch
- Select System Settings from the Home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Scroll down and select Users from the menu on the left.
- Select the profile you want to link a Nintendo Account to.
- Select Link Nintendo Account.
How do I make my switch lite my primary console?
Making your Switch Lite your new Primary is super easy. Simply open up the Eshop. After deregistering your Primary Switch, the first Switch to connect to the Eshop will then become your Primary Switch. Easy peasy.
How can I remotely disable a primary switch?
- Using a web browser, visit accounts.nintendo.com.
- Sign in to the Nintendo Account you wish to deactivate.
- Select “Shop Menu.”
- Select “Deregister Primary Console.”
- Enter your Nintendo Account password.
- Select “Deregister” twice to confirm.
How many times can you deregister a switch?
Important: You can deregister a primary Nintendo Switch console through the Nintendo eShop settings on the console itself. If you don’t have access to the primary console, you can deactivate a console from your Nintendo Account remotely; however, this can only be done once per year.