If your remote has a Smart Hub button
- Press the Smart Hub button.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Sign In. If you do not see Sign In, select Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix? screen. If you are not yet a member, set up your membership online.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password.
- Select Sign In.
Can’t connect to Netflix on Smart TV?
Restart your home network
- Turn off or unplug your smart TV.
- Unplug your modem (and your wireless router, if it’s a separate device) from power for 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Turn your smart TV back on and try Netflix again.
How do I connect my Smart TV to the WIFI?
How to connect
- Find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- Select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- Select the option to enable wired internet.
- Type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
Why won’t Netflix play on my TV?
If the Netflix app fails to load or a film or TV show won’t start, it could simply be because the Netflix service itself is down or offline. If that app is working properly then the issue could be with Netflix’s servers. You can also check the Netflix service status on the official website’s Is Netflix Down? page.