Access “Account Settings” in the eshop and select the “deactivate console” option.
Now connect to the internet with the other Switch that you want to designate as the primary console.
Log in and access the eshop.
It will now be the primary console.
How do I know which switch is primary?
You can check which console is the primary by viewing your account details in the eShop. To view this, open the Nintendo eShop on you Switch and select which account you want to view. On the top right of the screen, click on your profile to view your account details.
How do I deregister a primary switch without a console?
- You can deregister a primary Nintendo Switch console through the Nintendo eShop settings on the console itself.
- If you don’t have access to the primary console, you can deactivate a console from your Nintendo Account remotely; however, this can only be done once per year.
How do you switch accounts on a switch?
How to add additional Nintendo Accounts to your Switch
- Select System Settings from the Home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Scroll down and select Users from the menu on the left.
- Select the profile you want to link a Nintendo Account to.
- Select Link Nintendo Account.
How do I install a secondary switch?
Suggested clip 100 seconds
Is Switch Lite Your 2nd Switch? Here’s How to Share Games
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I deregister a primary switch?
How To Deregister A Lost Nintendo Switch
- Sign in to the Nintendo Account you wish to deactivate.
- Click Shop Menu.
- Click Deregister Primary Console.
- Enter your Nintendo Account password.
- Click Deregister twice to confirm.