The US has fairly strong regulations protecting card holders from liability.
Regardless, the eShop is about as low risk as you can get, especially if you don’t have Nintendo store the card info.
You could buy a digital code for a prepaid card on Amazon.
Can you use credit card on eShop?
Yes. You have the option to save the credit card information when you add funds or purchase content with a credit card in the Nintendo Switch eShop. Credit card information stored on your Nintendo Account can also be used for off-device purchases.
How do I use my credit card on my Nintendo switch?
Select Shop Menu. Under Credit Card, select Save to save a credit card or select Change if a credit card has already been saved. When you change your saved credit card information, it will also change the credit card used for any active auto-renewal memberships (such as Nintendo Switch Online).
How do I link my Nintendo eShop credit card?
Be sure to have your credit card handy.
- Select your Profile Page from the Home screen on your Nintendo Switch.
- Select User Settings.
- Scroll down and select Nintendo eShop Settings.
- Select Add Funds.
- Select Credit Card or Nintendo eShop Card (if you’re adding a gift card).
- Select an amount.
How do I take my credit card off my Nintendo switch?
Complete these steps
- From the HOME Menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon and tap Open.
- Scroll left and select Settings/Other.
- Scroll down and select Review Credit-Card Information.
- Tap Delete Credit-Card Information.
- Tap Delete to confirm.