What fruit is the highest in sugar?
Which Fruits Have the Most Sugar?
- Scroll down to read all. 1 / 13. Mangoes.
- 2 / 13. Grapes. A cup of these has about 23 grams sugar.
- 3 / 13. Cherries. They’re sweet, and they have the sugar to show for it: A cup of them has 18 grams.
- 4 / 13. Pears.
- 5 / 13. Watermelon.
- 6 / 13. Figs.
- 7 / 13. Bananas.
- 8 / 13. Less Sugar: Avocados.
Which fruit has the least amount of sugar?
Low-sugar fruits include:
- Strawberries. Strawberries, like many other berries, are often high in fiber and contain very little sugar.
- Peaches. Although they taste sweet, a medium sized peach only contains around 13 g of sugar.
- Lemons and limes.
- Honeydew melon.
Are Bananas high in sugar?
Bananas Contain Carbs, Which Raise Blood Sugar
If you have diabetes, being aware of the amount and type of carbs in your diet is important. These carbs are in the form of sugar, starch and fiber (3). A single medium-sized banana contains 14 grams of sugar and 6 grams of starch (3).
Is the sugar in fruit bad for you?
Eating whole fruit, it is almost impossible to consume enough fructose to cause harm. Fruits are loaded with fiber, water and have significant chewing resistance. While eating large amounts of added sugar is harmful to most people, the same does not apply to fruit. Summary Whole fruits take time to chew and digest.