The Switch’s battery indicator has been faulty for some since launch.
Some users’ battery will appear to drop to 1% rapidly, even though the battery itself works just fine.
The short version is that you have to charge the battery to 100% and then run it all the way down two to six times.
How long should my Nintendo switch battery last?
For the original model of the Nintendo Switch console, the battery life is approximately 2.5 to 6.5 hours. For the updated model of the Nintendo Switch console, the battery life is approximately 4.5 to 9 hours. For Nintendo Switch Lite, the battery life is approximately 3 to 7 hours.
How can I make my Nintendo battery last longer?
How to extend battery life on your Nintendo Switch
- Lower the brightness.
- Set your Switch to Airplane mode.
- Turn it all the way off when not in use.
- Disable Vibration.
Is it bad to overcharge your Nintendo switch?
It can’t overcharge. That would stop it being a home console. Even when you are using as portable it stops using the battery at 100% and uses the power supply to run the system.
How do you drain a battery switch?
Nintendo Suggests That Switch Users Should Drain Battery up to 6 Times To Fix Charge Indicator
- Ensure the console has the latest system update.
- Set the Auto-Sleep mode to “Never” for “Playing on Console Screen” and for “Connected to TV.”
- Connect the AC adapter directly to the console until the battery is fully charged.