The Switch’s battery indicator has been faulty for some since launch.
Some users’ battery will appear to drop to 1% rapidly, even though the battery itself works just fine.
The short version is that you have to charge the battery to 100% and then run it all the way down two to six times.
How long should my Nintendo switch battery last?
For the original model of the Nintendo Switch console, the battery life is approximately 2.5 to 6.5 hours. For the updated model of the Nintendo Switch console, the battery life is approximately 4.5 to 9 hours. For Nintendo Switch Lite, the battery life is approximately 3 to 7 hours.
How do you fix a battery problem switch?
How to Fix the Nintendo Switch’s Battery Indicator
- Make sure your Switch has the latest 3.0.
- Go to Settings > Sleep Mode and set Auto-Sleep to “Never” for both portable mode and TV mode.
- Connect the AC adapter directly to your Switch until it’s fully charged.
- Once the battery is at 100 percent, leave the console alone for one hour with the AC adapter still connected.
How can I make my Nintendo battery last longer?
How to extend battery life on your Nintendo Switch
- Lower the brightness.
- Set your Switch to Airplane mode.
- Turn it all the way off when not in use.
- Disable Vibration.
Can the Nintendo switch battery overcharge?
It can’t overcharge. That would stop it being a home console. Even when you are using as portable it stops using the battery at 100% and uses the power supply to run the system.